This whole dating situation is so depressing. I'm intelligent, attractive, funny. I know how to carry on a conversation. I should at least be able to go out and meet people and have fun getting to know them. I really don't want much. I'm not asking for rubies and gems. I'm talking decent conversation with someone who has not been declared mentally ill.
Is this the beginning of the end of our species? I should be able to have sex whenever I want. I go out and if some dude does talk to me he has to take a time out to answer his cell phone. Seriously? Are you fucking kidding me? You can't focus your attention for ten minutes to carry on a conversation without checking your messages? Unless your mom is in the hospital having surgery and you're getting updated about her status, that is completely tasteless. Maybe I'm old-skool but this is bull shit.
In case you're wondering, I do want you to open the door. I even want strangers, in public places, to let me pass before shoving their way through. I want some class. I want you to pick up the tab on the first date, definitely not all of them but for sure the first one. I want you to ask me questions and try to find out more about me, as I will do for you. I may even want you to kiss me, yeah that's right! Man-up, wrap your arm around my waist and kiss me.
There is this guy I met, I think he's cute. He's moving so I'm not even thinking about anything serious. We've hung out and either I'm crazy or homie sends some seriously mixed signals. I've thought: maybe he's gay, maybe he's shy. Maybe you're thinking: it's like that book (and movie) maybe he's just not into me. I thought that too. But he calls me, I totally drop it and he pops back in. What the fuck?
No comments:
Post a Comment